Netgear WiFi Extender N300 Setup is a compact networking device that can be installed on any wall socket and boost the incoming Wi-Fi signal of your network. Netgear WiFi Extender N300 Setup once done successfully can help you in connecting the different devices like Blu-ray player, gaming console, and smart TV at the same time. There’s an additional external antenna given on the hardware that helps in emitting the extra signal to the devices.
How To Setup Netgear WiFi Extender N300 via WPS?
- Turn on the N300 extender and place it in the same room where your router is.
- Connect the extender to the power outlet.
- Wait for the power light to turn solid green.
- Press the WPS button from the extender and from the router at the same time.
- If you find the white light on the status LED of your extender, then it means the connection is successfully established.
- Move the extender to the new location just in the midway of the router and the area where there is poor signal strength.
- Connect the smart devices to the new extender using the default SSID and the password.
This is the process of configuring the N300 extender using the WPS button.
If you want to setup the N300 extender using the Netgear assistant, then go through the below mentioned steps.
- Power on your N300 extender.
- Place the extender next to the router.
- Turn on the power supply from the wall socket where you have connected the power adapter.
- Wait for the power LED to turn green.
- Connect the computer or mobile to the extender either through wired or via a wireless connection. You can use the Ethernet cable for making connections.
- Open the web browser from the computer and enter Mywifiext.net in the address space. If you find this address not working, you can contact the team of experts available on the customer support desk.
- Read on-screen instructions once the new extender setup page displays.
- Change the location of your extender after the setup and check if the connection strength on the devices connected to the extender is proper or not. If not, then move it closer to the router.
- If you are still not able to perform the Netgear N300 Extender Setup, then you can get in touch with the experts.
Steps to troubleshoot the ‘Netgear WiFi Extender N300 Setup’ issues are:
- Check whether the power supply is properly connected to the wall outlet or not.
- Check the wall plug if it is broken or short-circuited, you will not get the power in the adapter.
- Analyze the internet speed on the computer or any other smart device.
- Check the wired connections properly. If any connection is loose, then remove the cable and firmly connect it again.
- Ensure that the extender is not placed adjacent to walls, room corners, microwave ovens, cordless phones, or Bluetooth devices that emit radio frequency waves.
If none of the above-mentioned solutions worked in your case, then feel free to talk to the Netgear range extender experts available 24×7 and get the issues fixed instantly.