Are you being prompted to enter a username and password upon Netgear Extender Setup for the first time? Well, this isn’t supposed to happen, but in case, you are being asked for the same, then here is how you can fix the problem.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix The Problem Of Receiving Prompts For Entering Username And Password During Netgear Extender Setup
Before delving into the details of how to fix the problem of receiving prompts for entering username and password, it is important as to why it happens in the first place. The simple explanation for the issue could be the problem with the unit. Regardless of the fact that all units are manufactured in the same way, a few differences may occur causing such issues to arise. After all, we are talking about electronic products, and these can incur problems at any point in time.
If the Wi-Fi Extender was not put into the factory default settings, then such issues may arise. However, you can easily fix the issue by resetting the unit to factory default settings. To do so, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- You need to plug your WiFi Range Extender into an electrical outlet and then, wait until the status LED turns green.
- As it does, you need to press the ‘recessed Factory Reset button’, which you can find at the bottom of the unit for about 6 seconds or until you see the status LED starts to blink. The reset button is not just normal buttons that you press/push in day-to-day lives, but it is a special button placed inside a hole. In order to press it, you will have to use a pointed object such as a paper clip or a pin.
- After you see all the LEDs blinked at once, release the factory reset button.
- Now, wait until your Netgear WiFi Range Extender completes a reboot.
- Once the device reboots itself, you will have to restart the web browser on your computer and enter http mywifiext.net.
- If you are able to access the Netgear Extender Setup wizard, then it means, the extender was successfully reset.
However, if that isn’t the case, i.e., you are still being prompted to enter a username and password, then you will have to get in touch with the Netgear Extender setup support facility to identify the reason behind the issue and most importantly, get the right solution. It is extremely important for your Netgear Extender login to access the setup wizard because, without it, you won’t be able to successfully perform the Netgear Extender Setup wizard. So, if you are not able to sort out things on your own, then instead of wasting time on the internet, you should get in touch with experts at My WiFi Ext Fix.