Netgear Extender has an amazing fleet of Wi-Fi Extenders, but Ex2700 stands out among the rest due to its incredible signal extending capabilities. The device can act as the perfect solution to all your Wi-Fi related problems, provided you have installed it in the right way.
In case, you have performed Netgear Ex2700 extender setup in the right way, yet not being able to access the internet in the rooms where the extender was supposed to provide strong internet signals, then there are definitely some issues with the extender. If you have been able to identify the issue as ‘Extender not connecting’, then, first of all, there is no need to worry, as you can easily fix this problem by following the steps that you are about to read in the section below.
Verify the links
- You need to begin the troubleshooting process by verifying the links whether those aren’t broken.
- You can sign into the web interface of the extender, i.e., http www mywifiext net to review the settings.
- After that, you need to open the web browser and enter ‘192.168.2.1’ in the address bar. Then, tap the ‘Confirm’ button to proceed further.
- When you are prompted to enter your login credentials, then enter the username and password for your extender. The default login credentials can be found at the bottom or back of the router.
Reset Netgear Ex2700 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- To reset Netgear Extender, you need to connect it to the power outlet and then, disconnect all the cables attached to the extender.
- Tap ‘Reset’ option given at the back of the extender. Use a sharp object to press the reset button, which could either be a pin or paper clip. Press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds.
- Now, release the ‘Reset’ key followed by restarting the Wi-Fi extender.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup
- To set up your Netgear Ex2700 Wi-Fi Range Extender, you need to connect the extender to the power outlet close to the modem and router.
- Then, launch a web browser on your computer or smartphone.
- Go to ‘net’ webpage.
- As you sign into the web interface, follow on-screen instructions.
Creating a new account:
- Once you factory reset the Wi-Fi Extender, create a new account by entering the details in the fields that you see on the screen. Once added, tap ‘Continue’.
- Now, the Ex2700 Wi-Fi extender will search for available Wi-Fi networks.
- You will have to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Type in the password in the ‘Password’ field.
- Choose the network name (SSID) and enter the password for the extender.
- Now, connect to the network.
- Tap the ‘Continue’ button to complete the setup process.
With that, the problem that you are experiencing with Ex2700 Extender is going to be fixed. In case, it doesn’t, then you can take the help of experts. They will be able to assist you in the most appropriate manner.