The Internet has become a primary source of data transfer. Information that used to take days, sometimes weeks to transfer from one place to another can now be transferred in seconds, thanks to the internet. However, this huge dependability on the internet can backfire as well, as sometimes, the internet ceases to work due to various reasons, and as a result, all the work that people were meant to do remains as it is. If you are dealing with an intermittent wireless connection, then you need to install a Wi-Fi Range Extender to deal with it. In case, you are facing the aforementioned problem after installing a Wi-Fi extender, then that’s a bit strange. However, you still can fix the problem by following below-mentioned steps:
Here is the process of fixing the problem of ‘intermittent wireless connection’ in a wireless range extender:
- You need to begin by checking whether your Wi-Fi Range Extender has been properly set up or not. Make sure that the device is connected to the power adapter.
- Then, you need to ensure that the Wi-Fi extender is well within the signal range of the router and the client device is also connected to the network of the wireless range extender.
- Now, you need to open the GUI of the extender, which you can by launching a browser and entering mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- You will be prompted to enter an email address and password, so enter those details. If you don’t know what your email and password are, then those are the same that you have used while setting up an account on the extender. If you are asked to enter a username and password, then you will have to enter ‘admin’ in the username block and ‘password’ in the password block. If you are not able to log into your Wi-Fi extender account, then it means the password was changed by you in the past, so try to remember that password or consult Wi-Fi extender help and support providers to recover the password.
- You will have to check now whether the range extender WiFi is being updated to the latest firmware or not. If it isn’t, then you will have to upgrade the firmware.
- In case, there is a new firmware available, then you will get an alert at the top of the Wi-Fi range extender GUI. Click on the alert to update the firmware.
- Click on the ‘Device Update’ page followed by clicking ‘Check’ to confirm if there is an update available for the firmware. Find the update and download/install it.
- Upon the updating of the firmware, you need to reset the Wi-Fi range extender by using a sharp/pointed object. As the extender resets, you should wait because the Wi-Fi range extender takes time to boot itself.
- Connect the device wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, you can reconfigure the Wi-Fi extender. For that, you will have to consult the manufacturer of your Wi-Fi extender to get the correct installation and configuration details.
That was all about the solution for fixing the ‘intermittent connection’. In case, the problem continues to exist, then you can log onto http://mywifiext.net, as you can easily configure and reconfigure your settings from this webpage.