192.168.1.250 is a default IP address for setting up the New Netgear range extender or router. If you want to login to the router, modem, or extender, you just need to enter the IP address in the address bar of your computer browser. You will find the default page appears from where you can easily install and configure the device. This IP address has been designed keeping in mind the ease of the users and to handle the smart setup wizard.
The IP address lies in the range of class C IP addresses. However, some users while accessing this page found the page error message, or the page takes too long to respond on screen. This happens when you are trying to reach the page via public network but not via private device or local location.
Login steps for 192.168.1.250
From the login page of your Netgear range extender, you can change the security, update the device firmware, and change the settings. The steps to gain access to the IP address are given here as under:
- After switching on the PC, Open the web browser.
- You can open any web browser like Explorer, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter 192.168.1.250 in the address bar and press Enter. You can also add HTTP or https just before the URL.
- A new window will now open prompt you to enter the username and the password.
- The password is case-sensitive, so enter the details accordingly.
- You will be taken to the admin panel from where the settings and configurations of the devices can be checked.
So, now you are on the default extender page. If the page is not opening, you can use Mywifiext local to get the page on the smartphone or desktop screen.
How to change the login password of 192.168.1.250?
Every Netgear extender comes with the default login details, which can be easily guessed by a third person. Therefore, it becomes important to change the default credentials as early as possible. You can change the default password of your device on your own. This is possible by visiting the dashboard page of your Mywifiext local and click on ‘Change the login password’.
- Turn on the PC or wireless client device.
- Open a web browser.
- From the upper left corner of the window, enter the IP address.
- From the dashboard page, Go to wireless settings and click on ‘Network type’ and enter the ‘Security type’.
- Enter the old password and after that, click ‘New’
- Finally, click the ‘Apply’ button.
If you come across any issue in accessing the default IP address, i.e., 192.168.1.250, then you should consult experts to find out the reason(s) along with solutions for the problem.