Stay linked to Netgear Genie Smart setup
When you connect the hardware to the network through computer or laptop, the web browser will automatically direct to the Netgear Genie smart setup page. If the page doesn’t load automatically, then nothing to worry as this is normal.
Enter the extender setup wizard address manually to login to the ‘Mywifiext.net’ page. The spelling mistakes in the URL must be avoided, otherwise the page you are looking for won’t open. After entering the URL, Tap ‘Enter’. A Genie setup page will open on the screen.
Netgear Genie Setup
Genie is an app designed by Netgear for managing and installing the extender on the network. You can easily open the Netgear Genie setup wizard with just one click from the computer or laptop browser. Yes, make sure that the internet connectivity on the computer from which you are accessing the page must be proper. The moment the new extender gets connected, you will find high-speed internet access on every device.
Steps For Netgear Genie Setup
IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NETGEAR GENIE AND NETGEAR GENIE SMART SETUP?
As such, there is no difference between the Genie and the Genie smart setup. Genie app is used for managing and organizing the networking devices from the app and Genie smart setup is an interface for configuring the new extender on the home network.
With the Genie app installed on the smartphone or tablet, you can easily monitor and control the wireless network installed at home or in the corporate office. You can download the app on all major platforms like Windows, Android, iOS and Mac. If you are a novice user, you can easily use this app without requiring any expert guidance. If required, they can restrict the number of users and unauthorized users from accessing the internet.
Besides changing the password and the SSID, users can also change the parental control settings, start and pause the internet access and diagnose the issues pertaining to the network. You can check the below-mentioned things from the Genie app.
Facing problem with Netgear Genie Smart wizard?
In case you are not being able to access the Genie Smart setup wizard on your computer, there is nothing to get disappointed, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Check whether the extender is connected to a network or not.
- Delete the temporary data, cookies, and cache from the web browser.
- Check if the network connection is enabled on the computer or not. If it is not turned on, then first turn it on.
- Enter the address in the address space directly instead of entering it in the search bar given on the browser.
- Try connecting to the Genie setup with another browser.
- Restart your extender or router.
- Update the firmware of the router to the latest version by going into the Netgear update page.
- Reset the extender to the factory default through the procedure mentioned on the page.
Genie Not Working?
Is your Genie app not working? If yes, then contact the toll-free number +1-888-905-2331. We have a team of experts who are dedicated to solving the customer issues efficiently and instantly.