In our previous post, we have discussed ‘How to setup Wi-Fi extender Netgear’. In our today’s post, we will discuss Netgear Extender Setup Wizard login process and how you can view and change the settings. If you have not done the setup yet, then we recommend you to connect the extender to the existing Network using the smart setup.
Simply, enter the model number you want to configure and read on-screen instructions related to setup after this. If you are using the Nighthawk extender, then the steps for login are different from that of other Netgear models.
Steps To Login To The Netgear Extender Setup Wizard
- Open a web browser from the PC that is connected to the extender’s network. If your router and Wi-Fi have different SSID’s, then make sure that you are connected to the right SSID.
- Enter ‘Mywifiext.net’ in the browser address field and press ‘Enter’. This is valid in case both the router and extender uses a different Wi-Fi network.
- If the SSID of both the extender and the router is the same, then use the IP address of your extender once you have done My Wifi Ext New Extender Setup. If you don’t know the IP address of your extender, you can click on ‘Don’t know the IP address’ from the home screen of the extender.
- Tap ‘Enter’. The same page that opened for the ‘Netgear Extender Setup Wizard‘ will open on the front screen.
- Enter the username and password in the respective field. The default username and password are ‘Admin’ and ‘Password’.
- If you have added the email address in the Username field earlier, then add the same address.
- If you forgot the details, then click on the ‘Reset password’ link. A page will open that will prompt you to enter the necessary details.
- Tap ‘Login’. The extender menu will be displayed, click on any one to open further.
- Go to ‘Settings’ to view and change the extender settings.
We want to mention here that if you have installed the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard app in your mobile or desktop, then you can directly change or manage the network from there itself.
This is all about the steps to login to the extender using Mywifiext.net or IP address of range extender. We hope you have understood the steps. In case you need any further support or information, you can contact the Netgear experts available 24×7.