Some Netgear users wish to configure the Netgear range extender without the app. They don’t know how to initiate the process of configuration on their own. The steps to configure the Wifi extender without the app are discussed here as under:
- Disconnect the modem from the power source and remove all the cables from it.
- Connect the router and the modem together with the help of an Ethernet cable. You will find the relative port on both the devices.
- Connect the router and the modem to the power outlet again and check if the power light has started glowing or not.
- The placement of the router must be close to the Wifi extender during the extender setup. After this, you can place it at the desired location.
- Wait till the connection between them gets stable.
- There are different LED light patterns that may glow on your extender.
Different light colors in wifi extender indicate different functions. These are discussed here as under:
- Solid Blue: This indicates the proper internet signal strength on the extender. You can connect the wireless devices to the internet now.
- Steady magenta: This indicates connection failure due to improper signal. It is mainly due to the distance between the two devices.
- Steady Amber color: This means the connection strength is not below average but at par. You can fix this problem by decreasing the gap between the router and the extender. If the problem is still not solved, you can contact the ISP and get it resolved.
- In case you are using the PC and want to setup extender through it, then connect the Netgear Wifi extender to the computer through Ether cable.
- There is a need to enter the SSID and password of your Netgear extender setup through the computer. The details are mentioned just below the hardware. Once configured, you will be able to connect the smart wireless devices to the extender through the same SSID. For more information on ‘How do WiFi extender work’, contact the extender experts available 24×7.
- Open router login.com from the web browser of your computer and press ‘Enter’.
- Read on-screen instructions and check the steps carefully. All the login settings, as well as the IP address, will be displayed on the screen. These settings are to be entered onto the extender setup page for setup.
Once you are done with the setup, restart your extender. This will turn off the lights for a while which is normal. Wait for 2 minutes till the lights get stable and the Wifi extender gets properly booted. Try connecting the smart devices to the wireless extender now.
This is how you can configure the range extender without the app. We hope you have understood the steps mentioned in the blog post. You will be able to connect the Wifi extender to the existing Wi-Fi network. If you are getting any other issue with the extender, feel free to contact the Netgear extender experts available online on the customer support number.