Netgear Ex2700 is one of the top-selling products by Netgear. It is a WiFi Extender, which is used to extend the range of WiFi signals within the premises. So, if you are seeing low or no internet signals in certain areas of your house or office, then you can consider installing a Wi-Fi extender, and that too, Ex2700. If you are considering buying this particular extender, then you should perhaps take a look at the steps for setting up this device because it will come handy when you finally buy the device.
Note –Netgear Ex2700 installation steps are for the firmware version 184.108.40.206 and below, so if your device has the same firmware version, then the steps will suit you perfectly.
- Begin the process by placing the extender and Wi-Fi router close to each other.
- Make sure that you have a working internet connection coming from the router.
- Connect Netgear Ex2700 Range Extender to a power source and check the LEDs, if they have become stable.
- In case, the extender doesn’t turn on, press the ‘On/Off’ button provided on the side panel of the extender.
- Now, connect the extender to a computer or any other wireless device with a web browser.
- If using a wired connection, connect an Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the extender. As you do so, the LED on the LAN port blinks.
- If using a wireless connection, check the name of the wireless network, which will be like ‘Netgear_ext’. Once found, connect to this network and see if the device link LED glows solid green.
- If it does, then open Netgear Genie app to move ahead with the installation process.
As you do this, a dialog box will appear where you will be prompted to enter a username and password. Enter ‘admin’ and ‘password’ in both fields respectively.
You may also see a different window appearing on the screen with the ‘continue’ button, which you need to click to run the setup.
- Netgear Genie will scan your Wi-Fi network, so wait until that happens.
- You will see a list of available networks that are within the extender’s range. Connect to the network that you believe is yours. After that, click ‘Continue’.
- Type in the password for the network and then, click ‘Continue’.
- Wireless network’s name will appear as ‘SSID’, which will have ‘_EXT’ as a suffix. Select the option that says, ‘Use the same security and password activated on the current network’.
Note – You also have the option to customize SSID and password, as you will see a pop-up window on the screen to inform you about keeping different SSID for better performance. Click ‘Ok’ followed by unchecking the box given parallel to the option labeled as ‘Use the same security and password’ for changing it as per your requirements. Click ‘Continue’.
- Now, you have changed the wireless settings for Netgear Ex2700, so you should connect to the network before clicking ‘Continue’.
- As you connect your devices with Wi-Fi capability to a new network, click ‘Finish’ to complete the installation.
- Now, you can keep the extender to a location of your choice, but make sure to place it at a location where it is between the router and wireless devices for receiving the best signal.
If you are still not able to access Netgear Ex2700 using the Genie app, then you need to take the help of MyWifiExt experts.