Boost your existing Wi-Fi strength with the Netgear Ex2700 setup. This model is compatible with all the router models irrespective of make and model numbers. It will help in keeping the mobile devices connected to the internet from every corner of the house. Before discussing the setup process, we would like to shed light on some of its exciting features:
- Wi-Fi speed up to 300Mbps.
- Fast Speed Ethernet port.
- Handy wall-plug design.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps for Netgear Ex2700 setup via Manual method.
Netgear Ex2700 Setup Manually
- To start with, Place the Netgear Ex2700 next to the existing router or in the same room.
- Keep the Ex2700 away from all those devices that emit electromagnetic rays. It includes treadmills, microwave oven, aluminum studs, Cordless devices, and Bluetooth devices.
- Plug the extender to the power supply and check the power LED.
- Turn on the computer and connect it to the existing network.
- Now, Launch the internet browser and enter Mywifiext.net. If you find this link not opening then enter the Netgear Ex2700 setup directly.
- After the login page appears, you need to enter the username and the password in the field.
- Select the ‘Setup’ and create an account for the new extender.
- Select the Wi-Fi, you would like to extend.
- Enter the password for the network.
- Click ‘Finish’.
This is how you can setup the Ex2700 through manual method. You can now place the router and the extender in a different room. If you want to use the WPS method, go through the below-mentioned steps.
How To Install The Ex2700 Via WPS
- Turn on the extender and place it in the same room as the router.
- Connect the extender to the power outlet.
- Wait for the LED to light green.
- Press the WPS button on both the devices at the same time.
- The status light if turns white, then it means the connection between the two is successfully established.
While configuring the extender and the router with 5 GHz band, if you come across any issue, then feel free to contact us at our toll-free number.
- Start connecting the wireless devices like smartphone or the tablet to the new range extender with the SSID and password.
- The Netgear Ex2700 setup is now complete.
If you come across any of the below-mentioned issues during the Netgear Ex2700 setup, then you can contact the Netgear experts.
Common Netgear Ex2700 Problems/Errors:
- Can’t log in to Ex2700.
- Extender lights not stable.
- Mac Filtering address errors.
- Netgear Extender not working or no internet.
- Unable to perform the Netgear extender reset.
- net not working.
- Incorrect Wifiext password.
- Netgear Genie App doesn’t open.
If your Netgear Wifi Extender starts behaving weirdly or not up to its standard, then check the update for the firmware if available. If there is any update available, then download and install it using the on-screen instructions given. If you find that the firmware is already updated and the problem lies within the network, then contact your internet service provider and get to know about the issues persist in your area.