Are you not able to connect to www mywifiext net setup website? Then, you must go through the details provided in the post. In order to ensure the smooth functioning of your Netgear WiFi Range Extender, you must configure it on mywifiext.net website.
Unable to access www mywifiext net setup website? Do the below steps :
- Identify your reason(s) to connect your network with www mywifiext net setup
- Connecting a router with the extender/
- Connecting both the router as well as the WiFi Range Extender to the internet.
- Connecting your devices to the network.
In case, you want to configure the wireless local area network of your extender with mywifiext net login, then you need to fix the passphrase, network name or SSID and providing a DNS address. Once that is done, you need to check the backside of the extender to find out a port to connect the cable. If you find that the equipment has multiple ports, then you will have to connect the router to each one of those ports to determine the right port.
Now, you will be connecting your wireless device like your smartphone or tablet to check if the connection is successfully made or not. Tap on the network icon to open all the networks that are present in your house. Select the network that you want to connect with and enter the password for the network. Click ‘Connect’ and your devices will connect to the network, which also indicates that the extender installation is successful.
At times, you won’t be able to reach www mywifiext net setup website, and if that is the case, then you should consult experts at My WiFi Ext Fix because they will be able to guide you regarding the problem of not being able to access the aforementioned website. You need to understand that the connection made between your extender and the router is not good enough to make your internet work through the extender. You will have to configure the extender on www mywifiext net login page. If you know your login credentials, then that’s great, but if you don’t know the login details or facing the problem of login details not working, then you should get in touch with experts.
Taking the help of experts will expedite the process of restoring the functioning of the WiFi Extender. In case, you are not able to access the internet after installing an extender in areas where signal problem used to be a common thing, then you can reach out to us for the best solution.
Do you want to configure the new wireless range extender on your current WiFi network using the Ethernet cable? If yes, then it is possible with the Netgear Genie that will help to connect the extender to the new WiFi network. Do you exactly know ‘How do wifi extenders work’? Well, we will let you know in this blog post. You just need to pay close attention to each and every step.
When you setup a WiFi extender with the Netgear genie, then default SSID of the extender will change to an existing Wi-Fi network and add 2 GHz in the end as a suffix.
Steps to setup wireless range extender are:
- Place the extender and the WiFi router in the same room.
- Connect the extender to the power supply.
- Press the power button from the hardware. The LEDs for the startup process and setup will blink for a while, then turn off.
- Disconnect the computer from the wi-fi network or Ethernet network if already connected otherwise, you won’t be able to connect the computer to the extender.
- Connect the extender with the computer using the Ethernet cable. You can connect to any LAN port.
- Open a web browser on the computer and wait till the Netgear Genie screen appears.
- If you are not automatically directed, then enter My wifi Ext New extender setup in the address space and press ‘Enter’.
- Enter admin in the username and password in the ‘Password’ field.
- Select 2.4 GHz frequency from the range of frequencies to extend the network.
- Press ‘Continue’.
- Enter security settings’ for the same network. If you are using WPA-PSK, then enter the password which is also called network passphrase. In case you are using the WEP method, then select the Encryption strength and press ‘Continue’.
- If Netgear detects 5 GHz, then select the settings accordingly or enter the passkey or password accordingly.
- Use the default extension names or setup according to your choice for your network extender and press ‘Continue’.
- Wait for few minutes till the settings get configured. When the Netgear finishes the setup, you will find the summary on the screen.
- Go to the Wi-fi network manager and select the mobile or computer you want to connect to the newly created extender network.
- If asked to enter the username and password, enter ‘Admin’ in the first and ‘Password’ in the second block.
- Click ‘Finish’ when the pop-up screen appears.
- You will find an ‘Online’ message on the Range extender WiFi registration screen.
- Close the browser and disconnect the cable from the Extender and computer.
- Now, you know the extender is connected to the network, place the extender at a location where you want to boost the network strength.
- Connect the extender to the power supply at a new location and start connecting the devices with it wirelessly using the extender’s SSID and password.
This is all about the new wireless range extender setup. We hope you must have understood the steps discussed above. In case you need any further support or assistance, you can contact our toll-free number. The experts are always there to assist you in the best possible manner.