The process to set up Netgear Wi-Fi Extender includes going to http www.mywifiext.net website, but in case, you are trying to access this website, but receiving an error, then it is quite normal, as this isn’t a normal website, but a local web address that is used to open the settings (Genie or Smart Wizard) of Netgear Wireless Range Extender. Make sure to connect your PC to the internet either wirelessly or with the help of an Ethernet cable because that’s how you can access www mywifiext net login address.
If your computer isn’t connected to the internet, then you will come across the following error messages:
Safari– ‘Can’t find Server’.
Firefox – ‘Server not found. Firefox can’t find the server at www.mywifiext.net’.
Microsoft Edge – ‘You are not connected to a network’ or ‘Page cannot be displayed’.
Google Chrome – ‘Unable to connect to the internet. Can’t display webpage because computer is not connected to the internet’.
Here is how you can troubleshoot issues connecting to mywifiextnetlogin.
- Make sure that your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender and Router are in the same room.
- Setup the extender and then, move the extender to a new location where you think the internet connectivity is poor.
- Connect your Netgear wireless range extender to a power source and check if the extender is receiving power by seeing the light on the power LED.
- Also, check if the PC to extender LED or device to Extender LED on the Netgear Wireless Range Extender is lit.
- In case, it isn’t, then unplug both ends of Ethernet cable that connects the extender to the device and plug it in again.
- Now, you will have to enter the default IP address, i.e.,192.168.1.250 in the address bar of your web browser.
- If the extender still remains inaccessible, then reset it and try the aforementioned steps again.
- You should also clear cache and cookies on your browser as sometimes, these can create issues while accessing a particular website.
- You should also try using a different web browser to ensure that your issue is not browser-related.
- Now, connect your computer to an extender with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Assign your computer a static IP address and prior to changing any network settings, make sure to write down the current default gateway or Router address, if using Windows or Mac computers respectively. Use this IP address – ‘192.168.1.249 along with the subnet mask, i.e., ‘255.255.255.0’.
If you are still facing the same issue, i.e., unable to access www mywifiext net setup website, then you will have no other option but to take the help of Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender tech support facility, as they can now assist you with this issue in the most suitable way.