Are you coming across any network issue or feel any requirement of changing the channel or security mode of your extender? If yes, then follow the steps mentioned in the guide. There are some simple steps by implementing which you can easily change the channel and security mode.
Step 1: Connect the devices: Connect the PC and the Netgear range extender with each other through Ether cable. Check if the corresponding light starts blinking or not. If yes, then go to the next step otherwise change the port number and try connecting to it again.
Step 2: Login to the web-based setup page: To login to the web page of your Range extender, check the IP address of your range extender from the guided manual or the sticker pasted at the back of the hardware. When the login page opens, enter the username and password in the two fields. If you have changed it previously, then login with the new username and password.
For any issues, related to the ‘Setup page’.
Step 3: Changing the wireless channel: If you want, you can change the channel of your range extender by downloading the SSIDer tool. All the channels available for selection will be displayed on the screen. Apart from this, you will also get information related to the ‘Ideal channel’ which will best suit the environment.
If you are facing a problem using the app, then try the channels manually. The channel that best provides the signal without any interference can be selected. Start with channel 1 and go till 11.
How to change the channel?
- Over to ‘Advanced settings’ from the login page.
- Go to ‘Wireless Settings’ followed by the ‘Main menu’.
- Over to ‘Basic settings’ and click on ‘Submenu’. The page will be directed to a similar one.
- Look at the channel and see which best suits the requirement and tap ‘Save’.
How to change security mode?
It is recommended to use the WPA or WPA2 security mode for the wireless range extender. Besides providing security, it also helps in maintaining a stable connection with the client device through the latest technology.
Steps to change the security mode are:
- Over to ‘Advanced’ settings from the setup page.
- Go to ‘WLAN’ settings from the main menu.
- Select ‘Security settings’ from the sub-menu. You will find the image on the screen.
- Search for ‘Security mode’ and change it. If you are using Netgear range extender, then select ‘WPA2, WPA-2 or any mixed security type.
Note: You can select WPA Algorithm to WPA2 encryption on the range extender.
Are you looking to extend the range of your present internet network? If yes, then you will have to get a Wi-Fi Range Extender. You need to configure the extender with your WiFi network and for that; you need to connect to the existing wireless network. If you are using Netgear Nighthawk wireless range extender to the network, then you need to choose from two ways. Let’s find out how to install Netgear Nighthawk wireless extender with the help of a Netgear installation assistant.
- Connect via WPS – WPS stands for Wi-Fi protected setup and by using this method, you will be able to connect to the network directly without needing a username and password.
- Connect with Netgear Installation Assistant – In order to use this assistant, you will have to launch a web browser on your PC or smartphone.
Now, we can discuss the steps for the wireless range extender setup with the Netgear installation assistant.
- Plug your Wi-Fi extender into the power supply to turn it on.
- Place Netgear Nighthawk extender close to the Wi-Fi router.
- Wait for a few seconds or until you see the power lights turning green. In case, you see no green light on the power LEDs, then you need to press the power button from the backside of the extender.
- Connect your Wi-Fi extender to the computer or smartphone with the help of an Ethernet device or wirelessly.
- Connecting wirelessly – You need to launch the connection manager from your Wi-Fi enabled computer or smartphone followed by connecting to the network with the name ‘Negear_Ext’. You will be able to see this name on the list of networks. As the extender is connected to the Wi-Fi enabled computer or device, you will see the client LED turning white.
- Connecting with the Ethernet cable – If you are interested in connecting your computer to Wi-Fi Range Extender using an Ethernet cable, then you need to connect one end of the cable to the Wi-Fi extender with its other end to the computer.
- Launch a web browser on your computer and enter mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- You are going to see the Netgear Installation page on the screen.
- Follow on-screen instructions for connecting your extender to the Wi-Fi network.
- Move your extender from its current position to a new where it is between the router and the area where internet signals are absent.
- You need to ensure that the location where you are placing the extender should receive the signals from the router. You can select the right location using the status LED on the Wi-Fi extender. If the status LED turns white, then that means the area is getting enough signal from the router.
- If your extender is not receiving proper signals, then you will have to change the direction of the Wi-Fi extender. Move the Wi-Fi extender close to the router followed by checking the status LED. If the LED blinks white, then the location is absolutely fine.
- As the connection establishes, you can connect your wireless devices to your Netgear Nighthawk extender.
With that, the process for configuring Netgear Nighthawk extender concludes, and if you come across any issue during or after the process, then you can consult experts.
Once you have successfully configured the Netgear range extender, you can start using the internet seamlessly on any device. However, what if the iPhone from which you are connecting to the Netgear extender is not linking. This may disappoint you.
In our coming up passages, we are going to discuss the steps to troubleshoot ‘iPhone not connecting to the internet’ problem. If you are getting any of the below-mentioned problems, then you can troubleshoot the problem easily.
- Connection drops again and again on the iPhone.
- IPhone not connecting after reset.
- IPhone connected but not working.
- IPhone can’t find Wi-Fi.
- I can’t connect to Wi-fi on the phone.
- Wi-Fi icon grayed out.
- IPhone not connecting.
- IPhone forgets the network.
Connect iPhone to Wi-Fi
In order to connect the iPhone to the wi-fi network, you need to go through the steps mentioned here as under:
- Open Wi-Fi settings and check if the Wi-fi icon is enabled or not.
- Find the available network through the search menu.
- Now, enter a password to connect to the network.
If after implementing the steps you are unable to join the iPhone to the Netgear range extender, then follow the below-mentioned steps
In such cases, you need to find out the reason why the connection is not being established and what is blocking the connection between the range extender and the iPhone.
- The router displaying orange light.
- The Internet bill is pending.
- Wrong Wi-Fi password.
- Poor network signal.
- Excess security enabled on the iPhone.
- Software issues.
- Network traffic.
- Having corrupted updates on iPhone.
So, these all are the major reasons behind the connection problem on your iPhone. To resolve this issue, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- First of all, scan the iPhone for any virus or Trojan if available.
- Check the router network and see if there is any firewall settings enabled on the network.
- Restart your Netgear range extender and the networking devices. This will remove the minor technical glitches from the hardware.
- Change the direction and the position of the Netgear range extender in order to free it from other electromagnetic rays.
- Use the iPhone within the range of the Netgear range extender.
- Check if there are any VPN or Proxy settings enabled on the network. Turn them off for a while.
- If available download the latest version of firmware on your Netgear range extender. You can download the firmware on your computer and transfer it using the Ethernet or wireless connection.
- If you have enabled the security software on the router, then fix this issue.
- Update the OS version of the iPhone to the latest version if available.
- Check the Wi-Fi password once before entering it on the iPhone.
The above-mentioned steps will definitely solve the connection problem on your iPhone. If you are still getting the same problem, then get this resolved by contacting the Netgear extender support experts.