With this post, we will try to make you understand the working of range extender and how they can be best employed. We are going to consider Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 mesh range extender in this post. Nighthawk series is considered as expensive and most-featured series of Netgear networking products. With AX8, 8 here refers to the capacity of the range extender to transmit the same signal to 8 devices at a time. Being a new Wi-Fi standard, it is currently being supported by limited Wi-Fi devices like Intel cards and Samsung S10 series phones. The range extenders mainly boost the existing network reaching your home from the internet service provider’s end. If you are receiving a signal up to 5 meters inside your home and want to reach it up to 10 meters, then you can go with a range extender that acts as an amplifier for the network.
Range extenders explained
In this modern world, most of our day to day work depends on the connectivity to the network. All the consumer durable we use either in office or at home requires a stable internet connection for optimal functioning, And this is possible only if there is equal signal strength distributed on all the devices at the same time. This is where the Wi-Fi extender comes into place, as it can handle multiple Wi-Fi devices simultaneously. If you employ EAX80, it can boost the signal of every standard router, no matters which brand the router is from. Let us explain the whole of working simply. If you are a senior citizen, then the speed requirements will be comparatively lesser than that of the photographer. The signal enters the home through the modem provided by the internet service provider. A basic router can transfer data at a rate of 100mbps.
How to use the wireless range extender like EAX80 in the best way?
Now, you must have understood what the range extender is, we would now suggest to you how you can use the range extender more efficiently. The simplest method to improve the signal strength of your Wi-Fi is by restarting the Wi-Fi router and plug-in back after some time and try connecting the Mesh Wi-Fi system instead of the normal extender.
Our technical experts have already tested and verified the performance of the AX8 nighthawk wireless router and find that it is offering the high signal strength in all the directions irrespective of a particular zone or area. You can use Wi-Fi 6 speed instead of using a slower 5/AC mesh system.
The Netgear Nighthawk AX8 or 6 is 6 & 8-stream mesh extender by Netgear will meet your expectations and you can easily come out of the situation where you are not being able to connect to the internet from different Wi-Fi devices. When you connect the Nighthawk WiFi 6 mesh extender to the power supply and the network port, it will start connecting to the existing network on its own. You don’t need to search for the router’s SSID manually. Once connected, you can get the same speed of network on all the floors of your house.
Are you coming across any network issue or feel any requirement of changing the channel or security mode of your extender? If yes, then follow the steps mentioned in the guide. There are some simple steps by implementing which you can easily change the channel and security mode.
Step 1: Connect the devices: Connect the PC and the Netgear range extender with each other through Ether cable. Check if the corresponding light starts blinking or not. If yes, then go to the next step otherwise change the port number and try connecting to it again.
Step 2: Login to the web-based setup page: To login to the web page of your Range extender, check the IP address of your range extender from the guided manual or the sticker pasted at the back of the hardware. When the login page opens, enter the username and password in the two fields. If you have changed it previously, then login with the new username and password.
For any issues, related to the ‘Setup page’.
Step 3: Changing the wireless channel: If you want, you can change the channel of your range extender by downloading the SSIDer tool. All the channels available for selection will be displayed on the screen. Apart from this, you will also get information related to the ‘Ideal channel’ which will best suit the environment.
If you are facing a problem using the app, then try the channels manually. The channel that best provides the signal without any interference can be selected. Start with channel 1 and go till 11.
How to change the channel?
- Over to ‘Advanced settings’ from the login page.
- Go to ‘Wireless Settings’ followed by the ‘Main menu’.
- Over to ‘Basic settings’ and click on ‘Submenu’. The page will be directed to a similar one.
- Look at the channel and see which best suits the requirement and tap ‘Save’.
How to change security mode?
It is recommended to use the WPA or WPA2 security mode for the wireless range extender. Besides providing security, it also helps in maintaining a stable connection with the client device through the latest technology.
Steps to change the security mode are:
- Over to ‘Advanced’ settings from the setup page.
- Go to ‘WLAN’ settings from the main menu.
- Select ‘Security settings’ from the sub-menu. You will find the image on the screen.
- Search for ‘Security mode’ and change it. If you are using Netgear range extender, then select ‘WPA2, WPA-2 or any mixed security type.
Note: You can select WPA Algorithm to WPA2 encryption on the range extender.
Are you not able to connect to www mywifiext net setup website? Then, you must go through the details provided in the post. In order to ensure the smooth functioning of your Netgear WiFi Range Extender, you must configure it on mywifiext.net website.
Unable to access www mywifiext net setup website? Do the below steps :
- Identify your reason(s) to connect your network with www mywifiext net setup
- Connecting a router with the extender/
- Connecting both the router as well as the WiFi Range Extender to the internet.
- Connecting your devices to the network.
In case, you want to configure the wireless local area network of your extender with mywifiext net login, then you need to fix the passphrase, network name or SSID and providing a DNS address. Once that is done, you need to check the backside of the extender to find out a port to connect the cable. If you find that the equipment has multiple ports, then you will have to connect the router to each one of those ports to determine the right port.
Now, you will be connecting your wireless device like your smartphone or tablet to check if the connection is successfully made or not. Tap on the network icon to open all the networks that are present in your house. Select the network that you want to connect with and enter the password for the network. Click ‘Connect’ and your devices will connect to the network, which also indicates that the extender installation is successful.
At times, you won’t be able to reach www mywifiext net setup website, and if that is the case, then you should consult experts at My WiFi Ext Fix because they will be able to guide you regarding the problem of not being able to access the aforementioned website. You need to understand that the connection made between your extender and the router is not good enough to make your internet work through the extender. You will have to configure the extender on www mywifiext net login page. If you know your login credentials, then that’s great, but if you don’t know the login details or facing the problem of login details not working, then you should get in touch with experts.
Taking the help of experts will expedite the process of restoring the functioning of the WiFi Extender. In case, you are not able to access the internet after installing an extender in areas where signal problem used to be a common thing, then you can reach out to us for the best solution.
Do you want to configure the new wireless range extender on your current WiFi network using the Ethernet cable? If yes, then it is possible with the Netgear Genie that will help to connect the extender to the new WiFi network. Do you exactly know ‘How do wifi extenders work’? Well, we will let you know in this blog post. You just need to pay close attention to each and every step.
When you setup a WiFi extender with the Netgear genie, then default SSID of the extender will change to an existing Wi-Fi network and add 2 GHz in the end as a suffix.
Steps to setup wireless range extender are:
- Place the extender and the WiFi router in the same room.
- Connect the extender to the power supply.
- Press the power button from the hardware. The LEDs for the startup process and setup will blink for a while, then turn off.
- Disconnect the computer from the wi-fi network or Ethernet network if already connected otherwise, you won’t be able to connect the computer to the extender.
- Connect the extender with the computer using the Ethernet cable. You can connect to any LAN port.
- Open a web browser on the computer and wait till the Netgear Genie screen appears.
- If you are not automatically directed, then enter My wifi Ext New extender setup in the address space and press ‘Enter’.
- Enter admin in the username and password in the ‘Password’ field.
- Select 2.4 GHz frequency from the range of frequencies to extend the network.
- Press ‘Continue’.
- Enter security settings’ for the same network. If you are using WPA-PSK, then enter the password which is also called network passphrase. In case you are using the WEP method, then select the Encryption strength and press ‘Continue’.
- If Netgear detects 5 GHz, then select the settings accordingly or enter the passkey or password accordingly.
- Use the default extension names or setup according to your choice for your network extender and press ‘Continue’.
- Wait for few minutes till the settings get configured. When the Netgear finishes the setup, you will find the summary on the screen.
- Go to the Wi-fi network manager and select the mobile or computer you want to connect to the newly created extender network.
- If asked to enter the username and password, enter ‘Admin’ in the first and ‘Password’ in the second block.
- Click ‘Finish’ when the pop-up screen appears.
- You will find an ‘Online’ message on the Range extender WiFi registration screen.
- Close the browser and disconnect the cable from the Extender and computer.
- Now, you know the extender is connected to the network, place the extender at a location where you want to boost the network strength.
- Connect the extender to the power supply at a new location and start connecting the devices with it wirelessly using the extender’s SSID and password.
This is all about the new wireless range extender setup. We hope you must have understood the steps discussed above. In case you need any further support or assistance, you can contact our toll-free number. The experts are always there to assist you in the best possible manner.