Configuring Netgear Wn2500rpv2 Extender is anything but complicated, but make sure you have the details of the exact procedure. You just need to make sure that the extender and the router are close to each other to avoid any signal problem. Once you set up Wn2500rpv2 WiFi Range extender, you can move it to a new location.
Steps for Netgear Extender Setup:
- Turn on the WiFi extender and wait for LED to turn green.
- Search for Netgear SSID on your laptop and connect to it once found.
Note – You can use either the wireless utility or network manager utility on your computer to connect your devices to the wireless network of your extender.
- On your computer, open a web browser to configure your extender at http www mywifiext net if using a Windows PC or mywifiext local if using a Mac computer.
- As you configure your extender, you can download Netgear Genie on your computer and try to find your extender on the list of devices. Once found, select it.
- If you have enabled wireless security on your existing wireless network, then enter the password for the network.
- Enter the passkey to continue the setup process.
- If you aren’t able to find any wireless network within the range, then you should check if the main network if it is in range of the extender or not.
- If the WiFi Extender that you wish to configure supports the 5GHz band, then you need to choose 5GHz for your router as well.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- In case, the router doesn’t support 5GHz band, then you need to click ‘No, my router doesn’t support 5GHz band’ and click ‘Continue’.
If you are not able to create a connection between the extender and router, then here is what you can try:
- Check the password for your router.
- Place your extender and router close to each other. If you’ve enabled MAC access list on your router or if the MAC filtering is on, then you can enter MAC address on your extender right away.
- Turn off and on your extender to refresh the network. Perform the same on all your devices.
- Establish a connection between your extender and router. As you do so, you will be prompted to change the settings of your extender. You can skip the step of changing the settings for later.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until you see the ‘success’ screen. Your network will disconnect from your computer during this time.
- Verify all the settings if those are correct.
- Connect your Wi-Fi enabled devices to the extender.
- As your devices connect to the internet network established by the extender, go to ‘Genie’ screen and check the box corresponding to ‘My wireless device is connected to the extender network’
- Click ‘Finish’ and that ends the configuration process of your extender with your router.
You can now browse the internet without any issue. Should you come across any issue, then you can consult experts for the best solution.